Sunday, March 29, 2009

2 days to go : can't remember how many days we've been at this now...

Exhaustion hit hard today and with all the construction guys having a much needed day off, it was hard not to panic when another truckload of plants were delivered this morning. The light at the end of the tunnel was snuffed out promptly as paths filled up with plants and bedlam ensued all over again. My goal today was to finish the planting in the calm of a construction free day, but after looking at the plants for an hour with no progress, I headed for strong coffee and then just waited for the delivery of the fairy grotto. It was great to see it in place and imagine the sheer delight the kids are going to have in this garden...

The florist girls, Sandra and Jude, arrived this morning but couldn't start the back wall of the shed yet. They need more holes made in the tin and it requires an angle grinder that i don't have a license to drive. Schedules were rearranged and a priority list done as yet more creative solutions came to the fore. I left mid afternoon with eyes firmly on my bed and my mind on a quick solution for a table in our heart garden. I don't even want to think about tomorrow and have no energy to download photos tonight.

I hope tomorrow goes to plan. I so hope tomorrow goes to plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment